Wednesday, July 28, 2010

It's been a Year

It's hard to imagine that time goes by so quickly. Our little man Parker would have been one today. We had 140 postings to our blog from August through December last year but only 27 so far this year. I haven't posted since December. At one point this was my therapy. A way to talk things over with myself and keep everyone informed along the way. It also served as a journal. I wish we would have started the blog on his birthday July 28th. Our first posting was not until August 4th. I would like be able to go back and read my thoughts the first few days of Parker's life. I definitely would have taken more pictures.

Emotions are mixed. I just went through the pictures I had of Parker on my computer. I also re-read some of our postings. How can you smile at the same time tears are running down your face? I'm not really sad, maybe just a little empty. The girls had a hard time last evening because they knew today was Parker's birthday. They remember some aspects of seeing him in the hospital like it happened last week.

We are all thankful for the short time we had to spend with Parker as a family. He is with us each day, putting a smile on our face and adding a little perspective to the everyday grind.

See the pictures below.

One of our first pics.


Our new portrait with Parker. ( This doesn't do justice to the real thing.)



Thanks again to everyone for their continued prayers and support.

-Lance

4 comments:

  1. wow that portrait looks amazing.
    oh that makes me so sad.... love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a mother who has lost two babies, I know how your heart is feeling. Life has to go on, but you will always feel that void. Be grateful to know what you know. It has brought me so much more comfort. Knowing I will see my children again some day. Just as you will see and hold and raise Parker. I keep telling myself that my babies were just too special to stay here on earth. I guess Parker was just too perfect as well. Just let yourself feel what you feel. If I'm having a hard day (even still)... I let myself be sad. Remember the sweet times you were able to hold him and kiss him and whisper in his ear... Love ya Linds

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing! I look at the way your family bonded together when Parker came into this world and I was very touched. I know Heavenly Father was there to comfort you just as he is now. Hold onto to those precious memories and continue to cherish that time you had with him. I am thinking of you and your family! Love you girl!!

    ReplyDelete