We are under contract. We received an offer on our house on Wednesday. We went back and forth all day Thursday and finally agreed on a price and the conditions Thursday evening. We signed all of the papers at 9:00pm. Now the clock starts ticking. We need to be completely out of our house by March 28th at 6:00pm. Closing will be scheduled for Friday, March 26th. We have a long way to go before it is a done deal. The inspection will be completed within the next seven days. We do not expect there to be any issues. We still have not closed on The Little House. We are hoping the closing will be scheduled for sometime next week. However, we had some bad news last night. Apparently someone broke into the little house on Wednesday night. We are still waiting to hear from the listing agent. There was a police report taken. We hope to hear something today on what kind of damaged occurred. We are assuming that the copper piping was all removed, but maybe it is not as bad as we are thinking. We will keep you posted. Baby news - I am on modified bed rest depending on how I am doing I can get up, but my Dr. doesn't want me to do a lot of walking. I had an ultrasound on Wednesday. The baby looks great. I am 17 weeks now. Lance and I decided not to find out the sex of the baby. We are just praying for a healthy baby. Also, it is not like we have a nursery to decorate in The Little House. LOL We are thinking the baby crib will have to go in our bedroom.

Update on The little House - We found out this afternoon that the crooks did a number on the little house. They gutted the basement. They took the furnace, the air conditioning unit, the copper pipping and they did a lot of damage to the back door as well as the basement metal doors. The listing agent and the insurance adjuster said that this would not prevent us from closing at the end of this month. Wish us luck! It looks like we are going to be down to the wire with getting the little house ready to move in before we need to move out of our old house. We sure like to keep life interesting don't we.
I'm still so happy about the baby, that it all seems rose colored. Congrats on selling the house. That is a big deal in today's market. So good to see little guy/girl. Suzanne is a great name....
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear about the little house.
ReplyDeleteThat's great news about selling your house. I hope that everything goes smoothly for you guys with the clean up and the move. I'm so happy to hear about the baby and you. I hope that you will be able to get off of bedrest. In the meantime though, I'm always thinking about you and praying that you both will be healthy.
Crooks stink!
ReplyDeleteBut your little baby looks great. Take it easy and good luck getting ready to close and move. You've got a lot going on!