Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Update on The little House

Lance and I have quickly realized that no one is going to help us with the oil spill situation unless we put the pressure on them to do so. Lance has been working with the previous insurance company over the past month. By the request of the insurance agency everyone that Lance has called in to help have sent their estimates directly to the insurance company.


Lance spoke with the insurance agent last week and he said they would know something by Friday or Monday at the latest. Lance called the agent multiple times and they would not call him back. Finally, on Tuesday he got a hold of an agent and they basically told him that they are NOT going to cover any of the cost and they no longer can discuss this matter with Lance, because he was not the owner of the policy. I think this is very interesting. They have been involved over the last month, and now that they have received the estimates they decide that they are not going to pay for anything. huh?!?!


Lance has been very open with the insurance agency and told them that we cannot live in the house. Even today, the smell is so bad you get a headache within 30 minutes of being inside the house. It is unlivable. He also made sure to let them know that we now have to move to an apartment. The agent told him that they understand.


You truly see the character of a person when they are presented with this type of situation. No one is stepping up to take ownership of the problem. The listing agent, the previous owners, and now the insurance company. They all sold us a piece of property with an oil spill on it. It is amazing the dishonesty they have all shown us. By not disclosing all of this before the purchase just amazes me. Besides this "isn't their problem", they all still have homes to live in.


This is definitely an added stress and with being a high risk pregnancy...I want to know what's going on, but at the same time I don't want to know. I was just really hoping that "someone" would step up to help us.


The silver lining...we now know that the girls will be happy to live anywhere even if it is in a cardboard box.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry that things are so hard. I hope that someone steps up and does something about all of this dishonesty. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete