This evening the girls enjoyed a fort that Mommy built out of four quilts we purchased at an auction on Friday. We haven't been to an auction in a couple of years. Friday there was one right up the street so we didn't want to miss it. Plus there wasn't a buyers premium. A buyers premium is when they tack on an extra percentage to your bid to pay for the auctioneer. So annoying! Anymore, it is rare to find an auction without a buyers premium.
We did really well. I will post some pictures this week. The girls had a blast, but they had trouble keeping up with the auctioneer and could not figure out why he had to talk so fast.
We did really well. I will post some pictures this week. The girls had a blast, but they had trouble keeping up with the auctioneer and could not figure out why he had to talk so fast.


Happy Father's Day to all the Father's out there!
I have been blessed with a father that loves me. If there is one thing I am sure of, I am definitely sure of that. He loves me in spite of my flaws. He let me become who I needed to become only interfering when needed. He let me make mistakes and taught me how to repent and get back on the straight and narrow. Growing up, the one thing I remember most about my dad is his quotes every time I left the house to go out with my friends. "Remember who you are" was one of his favorites. The rest were all Winston Churchill.
My Dad is a good man. That is why I married someone very similar to him. Lance is much like my father in terms of how he is with his own daughters. They are his world and He is theirs. There is no gender boundaries on household chores and Lance is one of the hardest workers that I know...very much like my own father. I learned so much from my Dad growing up. He taught me how to refinish furniture and make dry wall repairs and paint houses to perfection. All skills that I am glad to know and enjoy using.
I know as the girls get older they are going to have a very similar relationship to their father. I am proud to see my husband so engaged and committed to his family. My husband is an amazing man and I am so glad he choose me to be his wife. I am looking forward to spending eternity with him.
I am also very humble today thinking about my Father in Heaven. I know that he remembers me and my needs. I know that he loves me. I am grateful for my relationship with him and am grateful for prayer to help me to continue to build my relationship with him. Happy Father's Day today and every day.
With Love - Lindsey
Cool fort momma. Your girls are lucky to have you as their mom.
ReplyDeleteHappy Father's Day Lance.
I'm thrilled for you Lindsey. Another week down.
That was wonderful. Thank you. It's Suzanne
ReplyDelete