Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sweet Dreams

Lindsey, her Mom and I spent time with Parker this afternoon. He was resting comfortably, snuggled up tight in his bed when Lindsey and I got there. I was planning on holding him so Crystal and Lindsey help get him out and situate his tubing. No problems moving him but as soon as they handed him to me he quit breathing. You would think that being on the vent would prevent this from happening. He turned quite blue and his heart rate dropped. After a little stimulation, suction and increased O2 he was fine. He rested well after this and did well when he went back to his bed. Apparently he had a similar episode early this morning. His vent settings have been decreased over the last few days and his rate is now 25 and pressures decreased.

Parker needs to have a relaxing night so he is up for his to big trip to Children's hospital tomorrow. Lindsey wanted to ride with him in the ambulance but unfortunately there's no extra room. We don't know exactly when he will be moved but we're thinking it will be after lunch.

Hopefully, we will have a chance to talk to the doctors tomorrow. We would like to meet them and get a tentative plan moving forward. The ID docs and the ENT docs will do consults soon.
When we know what's up so will you.

Pics from today.





1 comment:

  1. What beautiful photos! I am so glad Lance got to hold Parker today! I will be praying that tomorrow's transfer is peaceful for Parker (and mom and dad). Good Luck. Lots of Love, Andrea

    ReplyDelete