In our church the first Sunday of the month is called fast and testimony meeting. All of the members fast for a purpose and meet together to share their testimonies about gospel principles. I thank everyone who shared their testimonies with us yesterday. The main theme of yesterday was that we are never alone. Lance and I have felt so loved by our Father in Heaven and by all of you that we never felt alone. We greatly appreciate everyone fasting and praying for our family.
I have felt so close to my Heavenly Father over the past couple of days. Parker was the second person I have watched pass through the veil. The first was my grandfather, Patriarch Laney. I know that Parker is now with my Grandfather and know that he will keep a close eye on him until it is my turn.
I am very grateful for this trial in my life. I am grateful that I was able to meet my son and spend time with him. When I was on bed rest I never thought we would make it as far as we did. I love my family very much and am thankful for their sacrifice. This has been such a long journey for our family...first with being on bed rest for 10 weeks and then over the past couple months. My husband is an amazing man that impresses me with his strength and understanding.
I thank the Ringhand's for watching Samantha every day so I could spend part of the day with Parker. I love and appreciate everyone that has brought us dinners and the priesthood members that brought me the sacrament while I was on bed rest. I am thankful and love my cleaning angels that have kept up with our home. Love Love Love you!!!
I will forever be grateful of the medical staff at Good Sam and Children's. I know that they did everything they could with the information they had at the time. ALL of the doctors ended up being absolutely fine and we appreciate all they did for our family. Lance and I are also very thankful to all of our nurses. We had The Best nurses! Keep doing what you do. We love you Crystal and Holly. Thank you both for calling us. We will have to have lunch some time soon.
Friday was a good day. We were able to be surrounded by our loved ones and share the day with the family. I spent the whole morning kangarooing with Parker while family members took their turn saying their good byes. Parker received his blessing around 1:30pm. Ben did such a beautiful job. Thank you! After Parker's blessing everyone but Lance, Laney, Samantha, Parker and I. We had some quite moments as a family. We took hundreds of pictures during this time. After we were finished, my parents took the girls home with them.
Lance was able to hold him while they removed the breathing tube. Of course there were many tears, but instant relief for Parker. I am so glad Lance and I were able to stay afterwords to bathe Parker's body and show respect to him in this way. It wasn't as hard to leave as I thought it was going to be. When the timing was right we were both ready.
Lance and I decided that we did not want to do a formal funeral. Parker's body was cremated and we will be picking up his remains later this week. I still want some hugs from a few people, so I may be calling to have lunch with some of you.
Life moves on. My brother Jared and his now wife Megan is having their reception next weekend. We will be able to see most of my family at that time. Please keep their reception about them. We love them and will be joining them as we celebrate this wonderful addition to our family.
Again, Thank you for reading this blog and joining us on this emotional roller coaster. We love and appreciate you. This blog will continue as our family blog during the next chapters of our lives. Please feel free to continue to read as you wish. God bless you all!
You are amazing. We are blessed to know you. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your life. Thank you for letting me know Parker. What a beautiful little boy. We Hansens sure love you.
ReplyDeleteYou have such a great family. I wish I had just an ounce of the strength that you hold. You have been such an inspiration to me. Maybe sometime we can do lunch. Your family will continue to be in my prayers. Love Jenni
ReplyDeleteLindsey and Lance,
ReplyDeleteI have been touched by your enormous strength. You both are incredible people and my testimony has grown just from your examples. I imagine Parker smiling down at his amazing family. He must have been one incredible spirit.