Sunday, February 20, 2011

Develop an Organized Moving Plan

I spent the weekend coming up with an plan for the big move to the little house. I am on bed rest/modified bed rest due to complication with this pregnancy and my history, so I am worried that I am going to be of little to no help when it comes time to move. One thing I am good at is I am very organized and detailed oriented, especially in situations like this. When stress starts creeping in my OCD starts creeping out. Plus I am very good at bossing other people around, just ask my husband.

First - I ordered more Rubbermaid storage bends. Since most of our stuff is going in long time storage, we needed containers that are more durable to protect our stuff from rodents and the elements. They should be here in seven days. I know that exactly 15 containers fit on one storage shelf from Sam's club. We will need to purchase some more shelving units or we may just stack them on each other.

Second - We plan to build a garage. Lance and I did some research online to help us decide what we want and what makes the most since for our current needs. We went back and forth on what we should build, a barn or a garage. At this time a garage makes the most since, because there is not one currently on the property and it would be better than a barn for long term storage. Lance plans on going to a garage company after work on Monday to ask some questions and do more research. From what we can tell it may take up to 30 days to have the garage built on the grounds. If the garage is not done in time for our move at the end of March, we may have to find another means of storage for a few weeks to a month.

http://pdqpolebuildings.com/

Third - Our families are stepping up for some much needed help. I don't have to work on Monday, so my sister is coming over to help box up some things. Even if she is able to pack up one box it will be a help. Plus her boys will keep the girls stay entertained while we organize the packing. I will be sitting on the coach watching while she works. I will make sure to pay her back with future service when needed. :)

I am still not stressing. We will be just fine. I am married to an awesome man that takes such great care of his family that I am not worried. Although, our families may be getting stressed out for us. My Mom already told me that her eye is twitching just thinking about our so called stressful situation.

3 comments:

  1. No problem. Happy to help. Packing is the easy stuff. The work that needs to be done on the Little house and the land will be much harder work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stressed out for you but I think that you're doing great. I can't wait until all this is over for you so that you guys can relax. I'm thinking of you and praying that your move will be a smooth and non stressful move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations lindsey!!!! on everything! the pregnancy, selling your house, the new house, i am so happy for you guys! thanks for the updates :)

    ReplyDelete