Thursday, August 20, 2009

Parker Sleeping Soundly


The last couple of days Parker has been an angel for his nurses. He hasn't been ringing off at all and he is slowly gaining weight. He is now up to 2 lbs 6 oz. They finally took that ugly IV out of the top of his head which I am sure he appreciates. His head ultrasound came back and they said it looked beautiful with no issues. They will do another one on Monday.

I decided not to hold him today because he looked so peaceful and comfortable in his bed and I knew I could only stay for a couple of hours. I had to be home by 2:00 to take care of some business. (Maternity leave paperwork that I should have completed before Parker was born, but because he was so early I hadn't filled it out yet.)

All the action is not at the hospital. Yesterday was a big day for Parker's sister, Laney. She had her Kindergarten orientation. She said she had the best day ever. She is so ready to start school next week and Lance and I are excited for her. Tomorrow is Laney and Samantha's last day at Kids 1st Academy. Kids 1st has been wonderful to our family and we will miss all of the girls' teachers. Samantha and Parker will go back to Kids 1st when I return to work.

1 comment:

  1. Yaey Parker! Congrats to Laney too. Joshua starts Kindergarten next week and he's going through bouts of excitement and apprehension. Thanks for keeping us posted.

    ReplyDelete