I was in error when I said Parker was 0 for his last 4 spinal tap attempts. I found out today during rounds that yesterday's 2 attempts were actually 2 different individuals sticking him twice for a total of 4 unsuccessful sticks. That hurts me thinking about it. Apparently, it is difficult to get these in babies. Parker received another blood transfusion today which just finished about 9:30 pm. I am hoping this will allow him to breathe easier. The doctors continued to say he was asymptomatic and wavered on whether or not to give him blood with a hematocrit of 23. I disagree that he has been asymptomatic. His FIO2 has needed to be increased over the past week as his crit has fallen, but what do I know. Oh, he needs to be bagged after cares too.
Tomorrow is the day. Parker's feeds will stop at 11:00 tonight to prepare him for his O.R. trip. Labs will be done in the morning and Lindsey and I will be present for the 9:30 procedure. We hope we get some answers and good news that this breathing problem can be resolved. We'll let everyone know tomorrow night.
We are praying.
ReplyDelete