I think I hate the word Bereavement. It's ugly and what does it really mean. Everyone morns the loss of someone differently. The first week, I think I did great...but now the last couple of days I have been really sad. Every Mother can relate to this. I feel like I felt when I had a one month old that never sleeps...I am tired and if someone says the wrong thing...I think I may snap. All and all...yes we are doing okay. We are functioning.
I know a lot of you out there can relate to what we are going through. Morning the loss of anything is hard. The loss of a job, loss of a parent, divorce, health issues and the list goes on. I have been reading several books on the grieving process and I know we have a rough road ahead of us. I spoke to one of my friends yesterday that is also grieving the loss of her little one (Johnny passed away in August). We had a quick chat, but it was what I needed to hear at that moment. I asked her if we will ever get over this and she said...No, but we will get through it.
I am so thankful to my Father in Heaven who loves me and knows me. He has sent me all of the right people to help me through this chapter of my life. I really appreciate every ones outpouring of support, love and prayers. I am so thankful to my husband. I would not want to go through this with anyone else. I know I chose the right person to spend my life with. Big hugs-Lindsey
We have been thinking of you and continue to pray for you. We love you. I am sorry for your pain.
ReplyDeleteOne day at a time. When I went through my own losses (not saying that they were anything compared to what you've gone through), I had good days, and really cruddy days, not ever knowing what was going to set me off. It's ok to be angry and upset. That was a hard learned lesson for me. But we have those feelings and emotions for a reason to help us process the things that happen to us, to deal with them and then to take a deep breath and try to take the next step forward. Even if you have to take 10 (or more) steps backwards some days, just keep trying to put one foot in front of the other. One scripture that I found comforting for me is Alma 31:31 (excluding the last line) Keep turning to the Lord. He alone knows what you are feeling and will give you the strength to get through it all. You are loved!
ReplyDeleteI can't even begin to imagine what you are going through but I always think about you and your family. I'm sorry that you have to go through this. With much love. Jenni Jones
ReplyDeleteYES, thank our Heavenly Father for wonderful husbands !! And when Lance is having a bad day, you will be amazed at how strong you can be for him. Losing our two babies brought Josh and me closer than ever. It takes your love to another level. Deeper and sweeter. Call me if you ever want to talk. Love ya
ReplyDelete