Friday, November 13, 2009

mirrors project

The mirror project is moving right along. This week, my dad, brother, the girls and I went to the engraver and ordered 25 plaques to be placed on the top of each mirror. The plaques are costing us about $12 a piece, which I did not think was that bad for the size and quality we are getting.


In Loving Memory of
Parker Alexander Maximus Ringhand
July 28, 2009 - October 30, 2009



And Yes...Parker's entire name will be on each of the plaques. If reading his name makes people laugh or smile for a second...our job is done. So far we have collected and spent $450 on ten mirrors. I have a call into the company I am purchasing the mirrors from, because they keep changing the price. I want to wait until the price comes down again before I purchase any more.

I am really excited about this project and the overwhelming generosity of all of the donors. These mirrors will give the NICU parents special memory's with their child/children. I am very thankful to every ones support on this project. The plan still remains to keep the account open at US Bank until the first of December. At that time I will close the account and finish off my purchase. ALL of the money will go to the NICUs. I will make sure I post pictures of all of the loot and specify what WE have donated. Thanks again!

1 comment: