Sunday, December 20, 2009

Parker's Mirror Project - Delivery Made

MIRRORS MIRRORS MIRRORS

Children's Hospital

Tuesday, December 15th Lance's Mom, Sandy and I made the delivery of clothing and mirrors to Children's Hospital. The drop off when extremely well. A group of four nurse practitioners met us in front of the main entrance. They brought a utility cart with them. We piled all of the mirrors on the cart within five minutes. The ladies were very appreciative. We were both hugged many times.
Thursday, December 17th - Lance's parents, Samantha and I made a trip out to Amish Country. We were on the hunt for child size rockers to donate to Good Samaritan. We were able to purchase 8 rockers. They were really expensive, but they are solid and will last forever.

We also custom ordered a trunk to put all of Parker's things in. We currently have blankets, hospital bracelets, pictures, and other items from the hospital in an old xerox box. It will be nice to have a nice trunk to keep it all together. The trunk will take three months to get in.



Good Samaritan
Saturday, December 19th - Me, my mom and Lance made the delivery to Good Sam. We were able to take all of the merchandise all the way up to the NICU. We really lucked out to see some of our favorite nurses....Renee, Kristy, Neka, Holly and Crystal. We enjoyed talking to each of them. The NICU staff were all really excited about the extent of our donations. To me it is just nice knowing that ALL of the money that was donated actually made it to exactly what we wanted to donate to the hospitals. Even though this was a lot more work for us, I was glad that we did the project this way verses cutting a check to each of the hospitals.

I will be making one last trip to Good Sam tomorrow to drop off two large bags of scrapbooking supplies. The night nurses make a scrapbook page for each baby that comes into the NICU. This gives me a good excuse to unload some of my supply of paper and stickers. I filled these two bags and barely made a dint in all of my scrapbooking stuff. I think I am a hoarder of anything craft related.

2 comments:

  1. That is just amazing what you guys were able to get. I know the families that will be using the items will be forever grateful. You have helped so many people. I know both of you will truly be blessed for your service to others. You both are amazing people to think of others the way you have done.

    ReplyDelete