Monday, August 22, 2011

Camping and Fishing at The Farm

Erin and I were talking and when I turned around I caught Logan and Samantha fighting.Samantha and Logan sitting in time out.Laney caught a snapping turtle.We had such a good time that five minutes after leaving the farm on Saturday afternoon, the girls feel fast asleep. It was a wonderful weekend. August 12th and 13th - My Grandparents have a beautiful farm near Brookville, Indiana. We grew up going to the farm often during the summer months. Friday, my sister Erin and her boys went out to the farm early in the morning. When it was time to leave, the boys were not ready to go. When they finally got home, Erin and I talked about going back to the farm after our husbands got off of work to camp. We arrived at the farm around 7:00pm. We had just enough time to set up the tents, do a little fishing and eat dinner (KFC), before the sun went down. We then enjoyed making smores by the fire.


It was a little bit of a rough night. I believe we got up around six times for bathroom trips and to feed the baby. Camping on a Friday night is a smart move, because you have the rest of the weekend to recover if you do not get the best nights sleep. Overall, it was the perfect weekend for camping and spending time with the cousins before school starts.

1 comment:

  1. You are brave! Matt is taking the kids this weekend and I'm staying in my nice soft bed! The baby is getting bigger and bigger. What a great family! -- Suzanne

    ReplyDelete