


We had such a good turn out. All of our family came to support Laney. My Mother did the talk on Baptism and Laney's Sunday school teacher did the talk on the Holy Ghost. Laney picked the opening song, "I am a Child of God" and Michelle Hooper (played the piano) picked, "Choose the Right" for the closing song. We were so appreciative of all of those who helped out on Laney's special day.
Laney was also confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and received the Holy Ghost through a blessing that was performed by her Grandpa, Alan Todd Laney. There was one time in the blessing that Grandpa called Laney...Erin. Oopps! I do it all of the time. He knew he was giving the blessing to Laney, but Erin's name came out. This is a horrible genetic thing. None of us can keep names straight and by naming Laney after my maiden name Laney has made it very hard for all of the Laney side of the family. I didn't think about that when we named her Laney.
YAEY@ Double Yaey that Daddy could perform the ordinance. WOW. I'm doing the happy dance. Josh is being baptized in a few months. April. He just missed the March baptism day. Drat. Suzanne
ReplyDelete