Parker was doing much better today. I held him for about 45 minutes. It was Heaven. He is still responding beautifully to the antibiotics. He is on only two drugs that are specific to the E coli bacteria in his blood and spinal fluid. They have also resumed his feeds. They started him with 1cc like they did when he was first born to see how well his little body will handle it. The head ultrasound that was performed yesterday showed no issues. They will be doing a repeat ultrasound on Monday just in case.
Update on the Girls -
Last night when I got home from "Girl's Night Out" I noticed that Charlie The Rat's cage was empty. So tonight we had to tell the girls that their pet died. It was horrible. As soon as the words came out of Lance's mouth, Samantha ran into the living room to look at Charlie's empty cage. She cried so hard. So we ended up having a quite night in as a family.
Glad that Parker is doing better. Sorry about Charlie. I remember bringing my hamster Hercules for show and tell in the third grade and finding him dead in his cage when I got there. I cried for two days. I'm sorry to all the girls. Keep keeping us posted.
ReplyDelete