Monday, December 7, 2009

Drum roll please...

Drum roll please... we have been able to collect $3,461 for Parker's mirrors. I couldn't be happier with the donations. I am impressed with everyone's support and donations toward this project. When I talked to the Asst. Nurse Manager today she said that she talked to the board and the hospital is also very excited about our project.

We have been able to purchase 20 mirrors. 15 regular stand-up mirrors and 5 stand-up tilt mirrors. We plan to give 10 to Children's Hospital and 10 to Good Samaritan Hospital. We have also purchased two large garbage bags full of clothing in sizes preemie and newborn. We still have plans to purchase small child size chairs. Good Sam plans to use these chairs for the sibling visits after the flu season is over. They only had one available when Parker was in the NICU so they said they could really use 8-10 chairs (4-5 per pod).

Thanks again to everyone that has donated to this very worthy cause. I have been overwhelmed by the generosity of everyone. Our Colleagues, friends, family, church friends, our parents colleagues...Thank you so much!!!!

The other project we are working on is our remembrance cards. Lance sent them to the printer today. We ordered 500 to pass out to everyone who has loved, supported, donated and prayed for our family over the past couple of months. We will be sending them out in our Christmas letter.

With Love- Lindsey

2 comments:

  1. Lindsey and Lance, we love that you guys are working so hard to improve the NICU experience for other families. I just think its amazing and it gets me all emotional just reading about it. I can't wait to hear about delivering the mirrors and clothes, what a great way to give back. Hope things continue to go well with Lance's recovery. We're still thinking of ya and praying for ya! Our Best, The Glutz's

    ReplyDelete