Thursday, July 7, 2011

Baptism of Robert Lance Ringhand

On Friday, July 1, 2011 Lance was Baptised and Confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Lance has been attending church with me since before we were married. He has always been an "active member", but not officially taking the steps to have his name placed on the records of the church. Over the past several months, Lance has been studying the scriptures every night and made the commitment to be baptised. It was a total shock to me as it was never a topic I brought up in our marriage. I didn't want to push him away as I know that it is an individual choice and a huge commitment.

It was a very nice service and very cool to see my husband dressed in white, standing in the baptismal font, surrounded by all the little kids.


We couldn't have chosen better people to speak. Our Relief Society President, Jenny Rebbecca spoke on the topic of Baptism. She spoke on how being baptised has blessed her life and life of her family and her future posterity.


Our dear friend Barb Watson spoke on "The Gift of the Holy Ghost". She also did a beautiful job sharing personal experiences of being "in tune" with the spirit and listening too and acting upon the small whisperings of the spirit.


I definitely had the biggest smile of anyone there and really have been in a great mood ever since. At the service, our guest signed a copy of The Book of Mormon (First Addition). I felt like this was an appropriate way to show every one's support to Lance and would create a nice keepsake for him.



Lance's good friend President Paul Beck came home to Cincinnati after serving a three year mission with his wife in the Phoenix, Arizona mission. President Beck was able to do both ordinances of Baptising Lance and giving him The Gift of the Holy Ghost. I am so glad they were there for Lance and our family. We are so proud of the good work they did in Arizona, but we are also so glad they are home. We love their family very much.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day! So happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like heaven. Good job and Congratulations! (Suzanne)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for your family. I wish I could've been there. Your family is so wonderful. Congratulations Lance and Congrats Lindsey on 37 weeks. I can't wait to meet the newest addition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you and your family!!! I am so happy for you....

    ReplyDelete