I actually ended up at the hospital today. Lance called and wanted me to come and see him. I made sure I wore a mask while I was there. He looks much bigger than the last time I saw him...it has been almost a week. He definitely looks sick, but about the same as he did the last time he had an infection.
He is in a different bed now...not an open crib. He is also hooked up to all sorts of things as you can see from the picture. He has IVs in each of his hands. One for the blood transfusion and one for his antibiotics. He has two tubes down his throat. One that is sucking out everything in his stomach and the vent tube that is breathing for him. The heart shaped patch on his belly is the prob that help the bed regulate his temperature.
He had one pretty bad episode while we were there chatting with his doctor. He grabbed a hold of his vent tube and turned dark blue. They had to suck out a clog and give him more oxygen to get him to breathe again. It was pretty upsetting. My heart was somewhere in my throat. It is awful to watch and not be able to do anything except get the heck out of the way of the medical staff.
We are still waiting for some results and should know more by this evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment