Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday Monday

Lance, Samantha and I visited with Parker this morning. During rounds his doctors decided to remove his vent. He has been on the lowest settings for the past two days so it made since. They took him off the vent around noon today. It was nice to see him without the tubes...even if it was for only a few minutes. They put him back on the high flow nasal cannula and put his feeding tube in his mouth. This was also the first time we have seen him with his eyes open in days. The anti seizure medication keeps him pretty doped up and out of it.
2:30pm
(Lance just called and they are already thinking of putting him back on the vent. He is not doing well without it at this time. They have already put him back on the highest setting of the C-pap.)

He is finally starting to look like Parker again. A lot of the swelling has gone down which is really good. They were even able to remove him from the two medications that were helping him with his urine output because he is doing a good job on his own. So far he is tolerating his feeds just fine. I have been pumping and dumping the first half of my breast milk to ensure that Parker gets the highest fat content. They said if I do this they might not need to add extra calories to the milk.

Sad news on Friday - The Milk Bank will not be able to take my milk. I was the perfect candidate because of the Word of Wisdom (church health code). I don't drink coffee, alcohol, tea or use tobacco or drugs. They asked all those questions and said I was the perfect candidate until they asked if I had a blood transfusion and of course I had to tell her that a couple of days before Parker was born I had to have one. I think we were both very disappointed I could not donate my supply. Now I will have to start throwing away any extra milk.

We had a very busy weekend. Friday - I went to Homearama with my Mom and Megan. Laney had her first sleep over with a friend from school. Samantha went to music class. Saturday - We all went to Kings Island for P&G day. It was nice to have some fun with the girls and we were also able to take my Mom along with us to help with the girls. It was a nice long day and very enjoyable except for one thing...Lance had lots of trouble with his knee. He tried to get on a couple of the rides and they forced him to bend his knee. I have never seen my husband in so much pain. I felt so bad for him...so I made the executive decision to call it a day.

Sunday was of course church. Lance met my Mom at the hospital in the morning and I was able to spend some time with Parker after church. It was a nice quite day, which we very much needed.

1 comment:

  1. Hope Parker continues to hang in there! I always froze all my breast milk they didn't use in a deep freezer at my house. That way when I was finished pumping, I still had an extra 1 1/2 months supply for the boys. I hope you can freeze it, it is too precious to throw away. Take care and lots of love.

    ReplyDelete