Friday, September 4, 2009

3 pounds 1 ounce - Yeah!

I was pulled over on the way to the hospital yesterday morning. I totally used Parker as an excuse...well the officer asked where I was going and I told her. I think she felt sorry for me so she was nice enough to let me go. Out of all the times I have been pulled over for speeding this one was the most pleasurable. The officer made her point without being a jerk. I really had no idea I was going as fast as I was. 51 in a 35...oppps!!! (I was going down the hill towards the river...It was entrapment!)

When I got to the hospital it was really hectic. They had 6 new babies in the NICU and had to call in extra nurses for the day. I was able to hold Parker for a little while, but he didn't do as good as he typically does...I think because it was so noisy. He dropped his heart rate 6 times when I was there.

Last night when Lance and I called to check on Parker the nurse said he just hit 3 lbs 1 oz. Yeah!! He is finally 3 pounds. I was so excited to here that he had reached the 3 pound mark. Today is another mile stone. I would have been 32 weeks today.

I will not be able to see Parker today. I woke up with a little bit of a runny nose. I think it is just allergies, but don't want to chance it. The nurse when I called this morning said for me to take Emergen-C Experitox she said it will boost my immune system. I will let you know if it works.

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome! So glad he is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear a nice officer pulled you over. Never has the number 3 looked so good. Keep growing Parker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful that Parker hit 3 lbs...bet he looks like a little chunker :) I often ran the scenario through my head about getting pulled over on my way to the hospital, especially when it was almost feeding time and what I would say. So glad you had a sympathetic officer. Hope you feel better and you get to hold your baby boy again soon. Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it was the FOP badge on your license that got her attention. She just didn't say anything. Ha Ha.

    ReplyDelete