This is going to be a huge week for Parker. Tomorrow is day 21 of his antibiotics so he is going to have many many tests to determine the treatment here on out. Today he will be getting an abdominal ultrasound of his lungs and liver. His lungs are still very collapsed so they need to decide what to do next. Tomorrow he will be getting another lumbar puncture aka spinal tap to see if the infection is still in his spinal fluid. Wednesday he will finally be getting his CT scan. This is the cat scan that he will have to be moved to the machine in order to take the test. Parker will not be taken off of the antibiotics until all of the results of these tests are back as well as the ID test from the Health Department. (Is this infection the same as the last infection?)
Today is also the day for the round table discussion of Parker's treatment. I asked if Lance and I are able to go and they said...no way. The residents are not invited either. The discussion is only for the attending staff of NICU doctors. I am sure they are worried about lawsuits and parents asking a million and one questions...and lawsuits...lol!!!
They have these types of discussions when the case stands out from the "norm". This will also help determine treatment here on out. Parker's case has been far more complicated than the "normal", so I am sure they will learn from going through his medical history. We will keep you posted on the outcome of this meeting.
It was so good to see your family too. Your girls are so pretty. They're getting so big. I hope Parker's meeting goes well. I really wish your family the best. I can't say that I know what you are going through but if I can be there for anything or if you need anyone to talk to, please don't hesitate to call. Love,
ReplyDeleteJenni
We continue to pray for Parker and hope all the tests go well. As always, we love you and hope for every good thing.
ReplyDelete