Today was another busy day for Parker. He has received another round of platelets to help with his clotting. He also received a round of fresh plasma. So lots of blood product today. Parker also had another belly film that revealed no further changes as well as a head ultrasound. The head ultrasound did not reveal anything new, but it is not the greatest test to determine any real damage to Parker's brain.
Parker looks about the same as he did yesterday. He is pretty much looking and feeling like crap. He is on a lot of drugs that keep him pretty sedated, so he isn't moving at all and he barely opens his eyes.
I feel like someone switched babies on me. Parker today is very different from the Parker I knew two weeks ago. He still looks pretty swollen and personality wise he is a zombie. Parker two weeks ago was very alert and you could even catch him smiling at times. Hopefully, we will see that Parker again in a few days.
The rest of the family is doing well. I have finally kicked my cold. Lance is hanging in there. The last couple of days he has been the one that has spent most of the time at the hospital. The girls are doing okay. They definitely are more aware of what is going on than I thought. On the way to the hospital today, Laney asked if I was going to have any more kids. I said, "I don't think so." She then said, "I want another baby brother...if Parker dies." Needless to say this conversation isn't what I expected from my five year old. Samantha also has expressed how she hopes Parker feels better. At the bed side, Samantha tells Parker stories of him riding a horse with no tubes and lots of boo boos. I especially like the story Samantha told of Parker defeating the evil dragon. Kids are smart.
What wonderful stories of the girls. Yes, kids are very smart. We're excited for Parker to have all kinds of horse riding boo-boos. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteI'm praying for the little guy. I'm sure you were taken aback by what Laney said. Definitely not what you would expect.
ReplyDeleteGlad to see that Parker has stabilized and that you are feeling better. I hope the doctors have some answers for you soon. Lots of hugs...
ReplyDeleteLindsey,
ReplyDeleteYou are donig just what the girls need... being honest with them, talking about Parker and letting them visit. They are on this journey with you and Parker and they will be forever changed for it. They get to learn about selfless decisions, unconditional love and great inner strentgh from not only Parker but from both you and your husband.
Each time Johnny was more sedated or put under paralytic again it was like I lost a part of my son. It was very hard to see him making steps in the Wrong direction... but then he'd come back. And another first would happen. Your love and commitment to Parker will give him the strentgh to carry through. God gave this baby to your family because it was the PERFECT place for him. Trust in that.
Johnny also had many transfusions and blood products. This is why we have to encourage everyone who is able to donate blood. Welcome to the world of advocacy!!
Prayers Always,
Trisha